Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Hunger Games Trilogy by Suzanne Collins

Absolutely loved this book! Read in one day and cannot wait for the third installment in August 2010. Must read title since the movie version is in the works. If you liked the Uglies series by Westerfeld, this is the read for you. Action packed and each chapter ends in a clifhanger. Definitely hard to put down. My FAVORITE of the year!

Sixteen-year-old Katniss Everdeen lives in District 12 with her mother and twelve-year-old sister Primrose. District 12 is located in Panem, a place once known as North America. To keep the twelve desitute districts from overthrowing the wealthy and powerful Capital, the Hunger Games are held annually. Think of a Survivor-type contest to the death. Each district sends one boy and one girl to the Capital to participate. Katniss volunteeers to take Prim's place when her sister's name is drawn and considers this as her death sentence. But since Katniss has learned what hunger and survival mean at home, she quickly becomes a surprising contenter in the Games.




I don’t want to give away any spoilers for those of you who haven’t yet read the first book in the trilogy (The Hunger Games), but this was a book that I read in its entirety in one day. I could absolutely not put it down until I was finished. I kept telling myself just one more chapter and I’ll stop but Collins made the end of every chapter a cliffhanger. She is just egging you to continue the story.
New characters are introduced to the reader as the seventy-fifth Hunger Games begin. The beginning of the story is a little slow as parts of the first book are rehashed but the ending is just building up the climax for the third book, Mockingjay, which comes out August 24, 2010. As I finished this book, I loudly exclaimed, “I can’t believe I have to wait a whole year to find out how the story ends!”





Book Three in the Hunger Games trilogy due out on August 24, 2010. This will be one of the most talked about books 2010!














No comments:

Post a Comment