Wednesday, August 26, 2020

Eleanor and Park by Rainbow Rowell

"Two misfits. One extraordinary love."

“Eleanor is the new girl in town, and with her chaotic family life, her mismatched clothes and unruly red hair, she couldn't stick out more if she tried.


Park is the boy at the back of the bus. Black T-shirts, headphones, head in a book - he thinks he's made himself invisible. But not to Eleanor... never to Eleanor.


Slowly, steadily, through late-night conversations and an ever-growing stack of mix tapes, Eleanor and Park fall for each other. They fall in love the way you do the first time, when you're young, and you feel as if you have nothing and everything to lose.” - taken from Goodreads.com


This book has probably been on my TBR pile since it was first published but I have just gotten around to finally listening to the audio version. I love this book since reminded me of my own high school experiences since it does take place in 1986. It's a sweet story of first love but it's a nightmare when you learn the horrors of one character's life. The end literally broke my heart into pieces but did offer hope. I just wish the story could have continued on for years to come.


Visit Rainbow Rowell’s website.




No comments:

Post a Comment