Monday, November 21, 2016

The Sun Is Also a Star by Nicola Yoon

“The story of a girl, a boy, and the universe.”

“Natasha: I’m a girl who believes in science and facts. Not fate. Not destiny. Or dreams that will never come true. I’m definitely not the kind of girl who meets a cute boy on a crowded New York City street and falls in love with him. Not when my family is twelve hours away from being deported to Jamaica. Falling in love with him won’t be my story.

Daniel: I’ve always been the good son, the good student, living up to my parents’ high expectations. Never the poet. Or the dreamer. But when I see her, I forget about all that. Something about Natasha makes me think that fate has something much more extraordinary in store—for both of us.

The Universe: Every moment in our lives has brought us to this single moment. A million futures lie before us. Which one will come true?” - taken from Goodreads.com

Taking place over the course of one day, readers not only get viewpoints of Daniel and Natasha, but several other characters that the two come on contact with throughout the day. The highs and lows that these two go through as Natasha believes in science but poetic Daniel makes her see that fate brought the two of them together. Readers wil be clamouring towards the end to see if Natasha and her family will be deported and what happens with her relationship with Daniel.

Visit Nicola Yoon’s website.

1 comment:

  1. Really enjoyed this one. And I'm giving a copy away, so if you need an extra for the library, come over and enter :)
    Jen @ YA Romantics

    ReplyDelete