Monday, December 11, 2017

Sparks of Light by Janet B. Taylor (Into the Dim book 2)

SPOILER ALERT! If you haven’t read the first book in the series, Into the Dim, Stop! I don’t want to ruin the story for you.

“For the first time in her life, Hope Walton has friends . . . and a (maybe) boyfriend. She’s a Viator, a member of a long line of time-traveling ancestors. When the Viators learn of a plan to steal a dangerous device from the inventor Nikola Tesla, only a race into the past can save the natural timeline from utter destruction. Navigating the glitterati of The Gilded Age in 1895 New York City, Hope and her crew will discover that high society can be as deadly as it is beautiful.” - taken from Goodreads.com

I read the first book in this series 18 months ago and I’ll admit, it took me awhile to get back into Hope’s world. I remembered the gist of the story but there were some details I didn’t recall until they were mentioned in the book and sometimes I still was a bit lost. I love the historical time-traveling plot but wasn’t sure what aspects of 1895 the author would touch on. Let’s just say that I was literally on the edge of my seat for about 100 pages for Hope’s escape from a situation she was forced into. The ending is a bit heartbreaking but I cannot wait to see what time period the Viators are thrust into for what seems to be a thrilling conclusion to this story.

Publication date and title of book three are unknown at this time.

Visit Janet B. Taylor’s website.

No comments:

Post a Comment