Wednesday, September 4, 2019

Wicked Saints by Emily A. Duncan (Something Dark and Holy book 1)

“Let Them Fear Her”

“A girl who can speak to gods must save her people without destroying herself.

A prince in danger must decide who to trust.

A boy with a monstrous secret waits in the wings. 

Together, they must assassinate the king and stop the war.

In a centuries-long war where beauty and brutality meet, their three paths entwine in a shadowy world of spilled blood and mysterious saints, where a forbidden romance threatens to tip the scales between dark and light.” - taken from Goodreads.com

Fantasy books are my favorite genre and I was excited to get my hands on this book. The only real problem that I have with starting a new fantasy series is emerging myself in a new world. Loosely based on a Gothic Russia/Poland with a polytheistic religion, it took me a bit to truly get invested in the story. Once I did, there was no going back. I thought I knew where the author was going with the story but it was just a tease before she pulled the literal rug out from underneath my feet with that shocking ending.

I am now eagerly awaiting the second book in the Something Dark and Holy trilogy, Ruthless Gods, due out on April 7, 2020.

No comments:

Post a Comment