Thursday, March 12, 2020

Internment by Samira Ahmed

“Rebellions are built on hope.

Set in a horrifying near-future United States, seventeen-year-old Layla Amin and her parents are forced into an internment camp for Muslim American citizens.

With the help of newly made friends also trapped within the internment camp, her boyfriend on the outside, and an unexpected alliance, Layla begins a journey to fight for freedom, leading a revolution against the camp's Director and his guards.”
- taken from Goodreads.com

Not sure what to say about this book. The content is super timely and could realistically happen. The beginning had me sucked in but the middle sort of fell flat for me. I found a few things that I thought seems a little far-fetched. I did push through to finish to see how the story ended but it felt a bit rushed to me without any real closure. 

No comments:

Post a Comment